Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Adam

I recently watched Adam which was a film about a guy with asperger's syndrome. The illness pretty much making him socially inept and throughout the story you watch this relationship between him and this cute chick who moves in next door develop. The first time I came across this film was sitting through previews waiting for 500 Days of Summer (Zooey Deschanel Drool*) to begin and it caught my interest. I was planning on watching it when it came out to theaters but when it did come out I just never seemed to have the time to go watch it. But eventually the task has been completed. The movie has a similar structure to 500 Days of Summer with certain exceptions pertaining to the plot. But it goes something along the lines of: guy meets girl, guy like girl and girl likes guy, they get in a relationship, shit happens and they break up, time goes by and they're okay. I guess the underlining message of it all is being okay in the end a good thing, but that doesn't necessarily make the most interesting ending to a story. I want to know what happens after. I want more of a conclusion, but I guess one should appreciate the honesty of the film.
Nevertheless Adam is a well made film with a few unexpected laughs and soundtrack of low-fi songs and original scores. It was definitely an interesting watch, I suggest you go check it out!

2 comments: